Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Dodger!


How do you change your lightbulbs?
Its been an expensive week. Another thousand for the marina (Dam I need to be out of here and on the hook!) $800 for a little yamaha generator, $300 for house batteries and $250 in labor for the new dodger & bimini. I am totally stoked (Morgon says I'm too old to say stoked but I'm doing it anyway) about the new canvas. It turned out better than I thought it would and the price was awesome! I used about 8 yards of the $5 a yard material I got at walmart in seattle (pro tuff, gets comparable ratings with sunbrella) another $20 for zippers and $25 for clear vinyl for the windows puts me at less than $350 for a new dodger and bimini! I had kept the old torn up one for a pattern and sent it off with Miguel so that he had a foolproof pattern and it turned out great! 
I paid moorage up until this Saturday. It gave us a goal and a little push to get everything checked off the list so that we could get out of here but it looks like we are going to get a little weather so we'll have to sit tight for another day or two. Everybody is a little disapointed but none of us want our first day out to be hairy so we'll suck it up and get a little more done while we're on shore power.
I need to put the snaps on so it tightens up but it turned out great!
Miguel Angel (Tapizados D Angel) gives great prices on upholstery and canvas work, you can reach him at 322-293-76-58 in PV
He speaks only spanish but his wife speaks great english.

2 comments:

  1. just set up a google account, so hope this gets to you.

    keep the stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great! The trip of a life time looks like it is suiting you well. We think about you often, and hope that we can join you at some time for a few days. Please continue to send the stories and photos as we enjoy seeing what you are up to. Let me know when the boat is all done, we don't want to show up when yo are still working on it! Gary, Kathy and Alexis

    ReplyDelete